The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) is responsible for independently sourcing loan application business from multiple referral channels such as realtors, builders, and other financial professionals. The Mortgage Loan Officer will follow all established policies and procedures of the Mortgage Company and Bank.
Detailed Job Duties
- The MLO conducts an interview with the applicant, determines the mortgage financing needs, makes appropriate product and program recommendations, and assists with the completion of the loan application package.
- Based on information gathered from applicant, provide mortgage product/program and rate options for the applicant to consider.
- Prepare mortgage application package including but not limited to Uniform Residential Mortgage Application, Good Faith Estimate, Truth In Lending Disclosure and all other Federal, State, Agency and Bank required disclosures and request all appropriate support documentation.
- Provide weekly loan status updates to applicants and other involved parties as is appropriate, handle questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay abreast of changes to loan programs and underwriting guidelines, as well as adherence to regulatory mandates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 3-5 years of secondary market mortgage loan origination experience Must have established loan referral sources (realtors, builders, etc.)
Knowledge of Encompass helpful but not required
Experience reading and understanding LP and DO/DU underwriting findings
Basic knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements
Works well in a team focused environment
High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred. Proficient computer skills to include MS Word and Excel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals Only, No Outside Recruiters.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.