The Mortgage Processor serves as the primary contact with all parties involved with the loan from application to closing. Responsible for reviewing the application package for completeness; evaluating and requesting/ordering required support documentation and preparing the loan package for submission for underwriting. The Mortgage Processor follows all established policies and procedures of the Bank and Mortgage Company.
Detailed Job Duties
- Strong working knowledge of residential lending loan documentation products, policies, and standard industry guidelines.
- Manage processing pipeline for timely and accurate collection and verification of documentation needed to process loans files.
- Track applications for receipt of completed application package and supporting documentation; issue insufficient information letters as is required.
- Submit loan applications to AUS for underwriting decisions; ensure documentation requirements per findings are met, to include but not limited to income, employment, asset and liability verification and validation.
- Provide guidance to loan originators around loan restructuring and problem-solving ideas to promote greater likelihood of loan approval.
- Perform processing related quality control and compliance checks on loan application packages prior to submission to Underwriting.
- Work with Underwriting to meet loan approval conditions as quickly and efficiently as possible, including clearing of processor level conditions.
- Prepare loan file for submission to Closing following receipt of Clear-to-Close from Underwriting.
- On a weekly basis provide loan status updates to all involved parties.
- Assist with QC review of initial Closing Disclosures (CD) and re-issuing as deemed necessary.
- Assist Loan Officers and Underwriter as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of processing secondary market real estate secured loans
- Experience utilizing LP and DU required
- Must have experience processing FNMA and FHLMC FHA, VA and bond loans
- Some underwriting experience a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Encompass helpful but not required.
- Must be a comfortable with working in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Works well in a team focused environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Word and Excel.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will be asked to perform other duties as may be required. Trustar Bank has the right to revise this job description at any time. Trustar Bank is an “at will” employer and, as such, neither this job description nor your signature constitutes any form of contractual agreement between you and Trustar Bank.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@trustarbank.com. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.